Raj Setty posts about what is and what is not a personal brand.
A personal brand is your promise to the marketplace and the world. Since everyone makes a promise to the world, one does not have a choice of having or not having a personal brand. Everyone has one.
- It’s NOT what you say about yourself.
- It’s NOT an extension of your employer’s brand.
- It’s NOT your presence in the social media.
- It’s NOT something that you can ASK for.
- It’s NOT something that you are entitled to.
- It’s NOT a perk.
- It’s NOT about the power alone.
- It’s NOT a gift that someone can give you.
- It’s NOT permanent.