9 Wishes for 2009
Dear fellow Indians, may 2009 be the year when:
- Our politicians display some long term thinking
- Our youth not be apathetic towards politics anymore
- Our movie stars not fight (either in birthday parties or on blogs)
- Our TV channels not focus on superstition or sensationalism.
- Our print media stops focusing on advertisers’ needs and instead focuses on relevance to the reader
- Politics stops being the first refuge of scoundrels
- Our sportstars start playing as much as the money they get in endorsements.
- Terrorists realise that terrorising India is pointless – we can’t start a war
- Corporate India starts thinking more than quarterly profits.