Consultant – 2020 Social (November 2009 to June 2010)
Head of the Employee and Talent community practice. Responsibilities included thought leadership on how businesses can use social technologies for collaboration and employee engagement. Pitching to clients and presenting use cases to building talent communities.
Delivered a workshop to the CXOs of the RPG Group on how various companies and functions could leverage social media to achieve business goals
Independent Consultant (September 2006 to October 2009)
Some assignments delivered while associated with a performance consulting firm based out of Delhi :
• Diagnosing the culture of an FMCG company and recommending what it needs to change to drive business growth.
• Designed and delivered KRA setting and assessment programs for two telecom organizations.
• Designed, Developed and Delivered a program on HR Capability Development for the Plant HR Managers of a FMCG company
• Designed, Developed and Delivered a program on Competency Based Interviewing for the Hiring Managers and Recruiters of a Financial BPO
Other consulting assignments
• Accredited learning partner with ICICI Bank, delivering training programs to executives and managers.
• Developed and Delivered a program on Performance Management for a IT Products company
• Designed and delivered a workshop on Employment Branding and Social media for Frito-Lay India.
• Designed and Implemented a Social Media Strategy for an executive search firm
• Capability building of new employees for a professional services firm
• Addressed project managers of an Indian IT firm on using social software tools for knowledge sharing.
• Associated with Tvarita Consulting. Was responsible for HRO service and Learning and Development solution design and delivery.
January 2006 – August 2006: Deloitte India Consulting Pvt. Ltd
Designation: HR Manager for SAP service line in the Enterprise Application – Consulting business.
• Calculated the cost of replacement of attrition of employees in the Consulting businesses
• Raised awareness of alternate career tracks and reward and recognition policies and coached managers to utilize them to increase employee engagement.
• Deployed an attrition tracking and forecasting mechanism for the SAP service line.
January 2005 till December 2005: Dell International Services.
Last Designation: HR Generalist Advisor
• Conducted the first ever succession planning session for the Global Financial Services – Collections business.
• Initiated a weekly attrition tracker for proactive retention management.
• Redesigned the Further Education Policy after conducting an employee needs survey to make it more encompassing and tuned towards employee needs.
Organizational Development initiatives for Dell International Services.
• Employee Satisfaction Surveys
• 360 degree feedback – I personally deliver feedback and coaching to front line managers.
• High Potential Talent Development
• Further Education Policy
In addition to these activities I also delivered learning programs in the leadership and management development areas including Coaching, Feedback, Emotional Intelligence and Leadership.
September 2003 to December 2004: Hewlett-Packard
Designation: Training Development Specialist
• Developed the training road map for most of the roles in the organization along with the technical training team
• Developed a worldwide basic Management skills program along with the worldwide leadership development team and piloted the same.
• Modification of global training into local offerings by utilizing lower cost of local vendors while keeping global quality intact.
• Delivery of approximately 30 training programs per quarter with a consistent rating above four (on a scale of five)
• Redesigned the new employee orientation to suit the Indian organization.
August 2002- July 2003: Erehwon Innovation Consulting
Designation: Consultant – Individual & Organization Development
Some Assignments Delivered:
• A team building training programme for a FMCG conglomerate.
• Co-facilitating leadership alignment for an IT product firm.
• Creativity training for sales team of a Financial Services firm.
• Pre-intervention diagnostic to ascertain issues in the leadership team of an infrastructure company.
• Strategy diagnostic to ascertain gaps between planned and executed strategy of a tractor company.
April 1999 – July 2002: Satyam Computer Services Ltd.
Designation: Senior Executive
• Implemented Corporate Initiatives like Mentoring and Coaching and also facilitated a business unit to define its vision and future business strategy.
• Was part of a team which developed project based on eLearning to deliver training via the web to all employees of the company.
• Part of a team that implemented Knowledge Management initiative to cut down proposal turn around times and to build collaborative platforms for people to share their knowledge
Pre-MBA work experience – (1994-1996)
Organization : Eli Lilly Ranbaxy (now Eli Lilly India)
• Achieved 120% sales to target ratio for 3 consecutive quarters.
• Solved the problem of dumping by building relationships with retailers and whole-sellers.
Organization: Welcomgroup Rama International (an ITC Hotel)
• Worked as a reservation supervisor, and maintained the booking status of a 108 room 5 star hotel.
• MDP by XLRI on “Consulting Skills for OD Practitioners” delivered by Dr. Udai Pareek and Prof. E S Srinivas
• “Flawless Consulting Skills for Internal Consultants” by Designed Learning.
• Certificate in Instructional Design from Vyaktitva
Writing and Publications
• Won the third prize in the Young HR Managers Conference for a paper written on ‘The HR and IT partnership at Satyam’ as part of the National HRD Network’s Conference in New Delhi, 1999.
• Case Study Analysis for BusinessWorld magazine on marketing through blogging, March 2007.
• Published an article on “Leadership Development” in the February 2006 issue of “Effective Executive” published by the ICFAI University Press.
• Published an article on “Talent Acquisition using the internet” in the February 2006 issue of “Consultants News” in the US.
• Publish a HR related blog which has won the following recognitions:
o Ranked amongst the top 75 Business Blogs of 2009 by Businesspundit.com
o In the top 50 HR Blogs to watch in 2009 by EvanCarmichael.com
o Top 100 most useful blogs for Women Business People
o In the top 25 in the list of Career 100 blogs compiled by RiseSmart,
o One the top 25 HR Blogs compiled by HRWorld
o Listed on the top HR, Career as well as Indian sites on Alltop.com
o Ranked amongst the top 3 Indian Blogs in the publicly voted Indiblogges contest in 2004
• Article in the HRD Newsletter on Virtual Communities, 2000.
• A Case Study analysis in the HR magazine “Human Capital”, January 2006.
• Published HR related articles online at HR.com and Cybermediadice.com